Help us raise money to reach our goal! This year you won’t have to gather checks and address information, instead you can collect donations online. Your family, friends, and other donors will be able to make pledges online using a credit card and automatically receive immediate email confirmation and a tax receipt email. The online system tallies all the contributions, dynamically tracks all top contributors and fundraisers, and reports all donation data.
Don't want to raise money online? You can fundraise with people in person! Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Be optimistic and energetic – It is very contagious. People will give if you are positive.
- Be committed – Make the first pledge your own. When you ask others to give, they will see that you contributed and will be more willing to give.
- Ask anyone and everyone – If you don’t ask, they won’t give. People are a lot more willing to give than we think. We just need to ask.
- Use any and all forms of communication – Write letters, email people, call them, ask them
- Ask for a specific amount – And collect the money at the time you are sponsored. It will save you a lot of time in collecting pledges later. Ask for checks if possible.
- Turn in your funds at the race – Turn in your funds the day of the race, or mail them in before the event. Please collect all pledges and contributions, and turn any cash into checks.
- HAVE FUN!